Hi! My name is Katelyn Jones and I'm the creator of A Touch of Pink Blog! I'm a wife, actress, model, and kitty mama currently living in Houston, Texas! I created A Touch of Pink to share with my readers my outfits, my life, and everything that inspires me. I have always loved everything fashion, beauty, living a healthy lifestyle, and traveling! By sharing some of my favorite things with you on my blog, I hope you leave feeling inspired! Be sure to subscribe below for weekly updates and follow me on my social media! XOXO Katelyn
Where i Love to Shop
Filed In: Travel
Looking to fit in a last minute vacation before the end of summer?! Cabo San Lucas/ San Jose del Cabo is the place to go! You might think when you read the word “Cabo,” things like parties, clubs, college kids partying, etc. You can do those things there, but it is actually very family friendly and we had SUCH a fun time here as a family with our baby! We stayed outside of Cabo in a city called San Jose del Cabo, which is quieter and has lots of hotels and pretty beaches. I loved the location of our hotel because it was near historic San Jose which was so fun to go see, the beaches were so pretty, and I loved how quiet and peaceful it was. If you ARE looking for a party and lots of clubbing, then staying in the actual city of Cabo which is about thirty minutes away, is the place to go. 😉
Contrary to what most people think, Cabo is actually very family friendly and there are lots of things to do! You can spend days at the pool and the beach relaxing, horseback riding, kayaking, zip lining, ride ATVs in the desert, explore the marina, go on a sunset dinner cruise, or fishing excursion, eating at amazing restaurants, exploring the city, have a spa day, or just relax in a cabana on the beach! I am sharing all of the places we did for fun, places we ate at, and where we stayed! Click below to keep reading…
SHIRT C/O: Choies | JEANS: Nordstrom (similar here) | PURSE: Tory Burch | SANDALS: Report (sold out) (similar here and here) | BRACELETS: Baublebar | SUNGLASSES: Forever 21 | NECKLACE: Taudrey Jewelry | WATCH: Marc Jacobs
On Tuesday my mom flew in to come visit Alex and I here in New York City! I was soo excited when she told me she was coming and right away made a list of things we needed to do and places to eat at! My friend recommended the Cafe at Bergdorf Goodman for it’s amazing view of Central Park, the delicious food, and beautiful decor. I loved the Art Deco decor inside the cafe, and after sitting in those giant chairs, I want to get some for my home! They are the perfect reading and napping chairs 😉 After lunch at Bergdorf Goodman, we walked to The Plaza Hotel and all the stores on 5th Avenue! Something about New York City is so magical and I fall in love with it everyday! I wore this cut out tee from Choie’s with my olive green jeans! I’m slowly starting to transition my wardrobe from bright, colorful summer pieces to more neutral, earthy tones for fall. I love olive green for fall and will definitely be wearing these jeans throughout the season! Hope you guys have a Happy Friday! Thanks for reading! XOXO
^^ Chelsea Market
^^ I had Lombardi’s pizza for lunch, and it was pretty amazinggg!
Hey guys! So after a crazy and stressful Sunday of missing my flight and spending ALL day in airports, I made it to NYC! I have been so excited to get here and start exlporing this amazing city! I had on my bucket list to live in NYC at least once in my life, so I guess I can count this right?! 😉 We will be here for a month while my husband is training for his Investment Banking job. While he’s out working all day, I’ll be exploring the city until he gets off! On my first day here in NYC on Monday, I had so much I wanted to see and do! I walked to Chelsea Market early in the morning and made my way through Tribeca and Greenwich Village then to SoHo! I did some shopping in SoHo because they have the BEST shopping around! Tons of cool stores and restaurants everywhere! Next I made my way to Little Italy and loved seeing all the Italian restaurants! I had a small margarhietia pizza from Lombardi’s pizzeria for lunch but could only finish half. I saved the rest for Alex when he got off work. After walking for a few miles, and a few blisters later, I decided to hop on the subway and go back to our apartment until Alex got off of work!
We spent the weekend here last week and had the best time!!! San Francisco is one of my favorite cities! I love the food, things to do and see, and the beautiful scenery! There are endless amounts of food options in the city, but we always tend to go back to our favorites. We tried a few new places this time such as La Taqueria, Bite, and Mr. Holmes Bakehouse! I would definitely recommend having a list of places you want to eat at and things you want to see and plan your days. It is easy to get side tracked and lost, especially if you aren’t familiar with the city and the transportation. You can be wanting to see one thing and the next place you want to see can be on the complete other side of town. But planning the things you want to see ahead of time makes getting them checked off your list much easier- and it saves your feet too! Below I listed my favorite restaurants and things to do while in San Francisco! Hope you find it useful the next time you go!
1. Ike’s Place- This is an amazing sandwich shop with various locations throughout the city! We always get the Menage a Trois or the MILF! Seriously some of the best sandwiches in the world! Last time we were here, we picked up some sandwiches and brought them with us to the park across from the Painted Ladies and had a picnic!
2. Henry’s Hunan- The most amazing asian restaurant I’ve ever been to!! My husband started bringing me here last year, and we ALWAYS go here whenever we visit San Francisco! The chinese chicken salad, Henry’s special, Diana’s special (meat pie), and the string beans and chicken are our favorite dishes! The staff is also very friendly and the service is great. Trust me and go here for dinner one night, I promise you won’t regret it!
3. La Taquaria- This mexican restaurant on Mission Street is one of the best Mexican food spots in San Francisco! I got carnitas tacos “dorado” style, which is a crispy taco on the outside and a soft taco on the inside, and my husband got the carne aside burrito “dorado” style which he said was amazing as well!! The line started getting pretty long during lunch time, so get here early to beat the crowd!
4. Gharadelli Sqaure- Located right near Fisherman’s Wharf, it is a definite must-go place while in San Francisco! I’m not a big chocolate fan and neither is my husband, but we both love going here when we go to the city! They have the most delicious desserts, variety of chocolates, and ice cream! We got a Carmel sundae and it was heavenly!
5. Tony’s Pizza Napoletana- This cute italian restaurant is in Little Italy! They have a pizza bar where you can sit and watch them handmake the pizzas! We got the a margarita pizza and a prosciutto and arugula pizza.
6. Bite- We went here for lunch our first day in San Francisco, and loved it! This place is known for their rotisserie chicken and they have really good different types of chicken sandwiches and dutch crunch bread! A perfect lunch spot when you are in the city!
7. Mr. Holmes Bakehouse- Yummy sugar coated donuts that are filled with different flavored fillings! We tried the chocolate and raspberry/rose fillings, which were soo delicious! They also have cruffins (cronuts and muffins) which we didn’t try, but I hear are amazing too! Be sure to get there early or right when it opens to beat the long line and to get them before they sell out. There are two separate lines for the cruffins and one for the donuts, so be sure to ask which line you’re waiting in before you start! Side note: they are open until 2:30pm but tend to sell out of all the donuts and cruffins between 11am-12pm.
8. Creme- This dessert place is in Downtown Palo Alto, but if you are ever venturing outside the city this is the place to go! They have the yummiest ice cream sandwiches and homemade cookies! It is located right in Downtown Palo Alto, and there are lots of cute lunch and dinner spots and shops around there too!
THINGS TO DO:
1. Nob Hill in San Francisco
2. Chinatown- Visit a fortune cookie factory and buy a bag of fresh and warm fortune cookies!
3. Pacific Heights to see all the cute houses
4. The Painted Ladies aka “The Full House” house
5. Have a picnic on the park across from the Painted Ladies
6. Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and/or rent a bike and ride it across!
7. Visit Downtown Palo Alto- so many cute stores and yummy places to eat!
8. Fisherman’s Wharf- get a bread bowl of clam chowder!
9. Go to a Giant’s game! I love AT&T Stadium!
10. Go across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito
11. Union Square- The place for some great shopping and sightseeing!
12. Hop on a Trolley and have it take you up and down the steep hills of San Fran!
13. Lombard Street aka “The Crooked Street”
14. Gharadelli Square
15. Little Italy
16. Coit Tower
17. San Francisco Flower Mart
18. The Palace of Fine Arts
19. Lock a “love lock” on the Golden Gate Bridge
20. Alcatraz (bring a jacket)!
We spent a day in Carmel and absolutely LOVED this place! I had been here before when I was a little kid, but obviously didn’t truly appreciate this cute town! We first stopped in Carmel Village at this yummy restaurant called Basil. Next, we explored the town and went in all the cute shops and bakeries. The fog was rolling through and it looked so cool! It was kind of chilly when we went in the middle of June, so I recommend bringing a jacket with you just in case! It also rains a lot here too, so an umbrella might come in handy too 😉 After exploring the town, we hopped in our car and went on the 17-mile drive up the coast! It was the most beautiful scenic drive I’ve been seen!!! Everything was so picturesque, I was just oooing and awing the whole time! I wore the SOFTEST and comfiest sweater from Wildfox during our road trip and stay in Carmel!! It kept me really warm and I can seriously live in it because it’s sooo soft and cute! It is sold out already but I linked some more of my favorite sweaters from Wildfox below!
1. Basil- This cute restaurant is in the middle of downtown Carmel and tucked away in a quant building. I got the pork belly sliders with a spring salad, and my husband got the burger. Both were super tasty, and everything there is organic and locally grown which I love!
2. Carmel Bakery & Coffee Shop- They have a bunch of delicious pastries and drinks to choose from! The cannoli’s and cinnamon rolls are amazing!
3. Rocky Point Restaurant- This restaurant is located right on the beach, and has an array of different seafood dishes which is great for seafood lovers!
THINGS TO DO:
1. Explore the shop in downtown Carmel
2. 17-Mile Drive
3. Take a picture at the lone cypruss
4. Pebble Beach Golf Course
5. Monterey Bay Aquarium
6. See the sea otters and seals in Monterey
7. Stay at one of the many cute Inn’s around town and have breakfast in bed
8. Drive around and see all the beautiful and charming houses around Carmel
9. Shopping in the Village
10. Point Lobos